Saturday, February 8, 2014

Another February 14th...

We're just about a week away from another V-Day... and here I am STILL waiting for things to change... Oh, don't get me wrong... I HAVE CHANGED... 

It's been 5 years since I wrote my last entry on this blog... During this time my WHOLE life has gone a tremendous transformation, both physical, mental and spiritually ... but that's not even about love so I won't go into details.

When I say that I'm waiting for things to change, I'm talking about when are we, men and women, going to realize that it all should NOT be pinned into ONE day a year...that is NOT what LOVE is all about guys and gals!

Let me see if I can put into words what MY definition of love is...

LOVE is ACTIONS... NOT words on a card... not flowers...not candy... not jewelry... not a dinner... Now don't get me wrong... all those ACTIONS, the buying of the card, the flowers, the candy, the dinner and why not even that piece of jewelry might be signs that the person doing the 'giving' feels something special for the person on the 'receiving' end...

BUT... WHY does it take advertisers to SCREAM at you that February 14th is near and you SHOULD be out spending money to SHOW your LOVE?!??!

You can be showing your LOVE each and everyday of the year by doing the simplest of things that don't cost ANY money...

Like saying good morning with a kiss as you wake up...

Picking up after yourself without anyone having to remind you...

Offering to pick something up at the supermarket before getting home...

Helping with dinner...or with the kid's homework... or with the dishes after dinner...

Get the idea? There are MILLIONS of things you, and I mean BOTH men AND women, can be doing to and for EACH OTHER, as a couple, to show that LOVE.

Do you really think that ONE DAY A YEAR is going to make up for the misery you might be putting each other through the other 364 days?

Seriously now... we NEED to start to change the way we act towards one another... and here I'm not just talking about us as part of a couple, but as HUMANS on PLANET Earth...

WE NEED, no... WE HAVE to start showing each other LOVE... for our whole families, neighbors, co-workers, strangers even... WE HAVE the capacity to LOVE...it's BORN in us... we just become so jaded through the years that we forget sometimes that we ARE LOVE!

No amount of money spent on someone can demonstrate what a hug, a kiss and kind words can...


This year, 2014, vow to SHOW YOUR LOVE EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment